8 of the best BVI snorkeling spots that we know! There are tons more to talk about, but we cant help but pick some of our favorites!
1. Rhone Reef has two coral-encrusted caves located less than 25 feet of water at Rhone Reef, Salt Island. A variety of hard and soft corals, fish, turtles and an occasional shark can be spotted here.
2. Great Harbour across the channel from Road Town Harbour lies a large, protected bay that has shallow coral reef and small marine life.
3. Indians composed of 4 large rock formations have just about everything for the snorkeler, many corals as well as sea fans.
4. Caves at Norman Island provides divers with hours of entertainment.
5. Cooper Island on the southeastern shore, called Markowe Point, is a sheer rock wall that plunges down many feet in the ocean floor. Nurse sharks are frequently encountered on the sandy ocean floor.
6. Scrub Island on the south side of the island is a splendid reef with depths up to 60 ft.
7. Joe’s Cave on West Dog Island a cave that has a variety of eels, pelagic fish and other species.
8. Anegada Reef is graveyard of some 300 documented shipwrecks that will allow you to uncover some of the treasure under the sea.
For more information on visiting the BVI and going on a sailing vacation and indulging on a snorkeling adventure call on of our charter experts today, 941-202-6020, or